The Metro AALAS Branch Symposium is open to all branches. With several lectures, workshops, and wet labs being offered, you are bound to learn something new (and grab those valuable CEUs). Breakfast and lunch are provided. Seats in the workshops/wetlabs are limited. Sign-up now!
- Pre-registration fee: $25 (includes breakfast and lunch)
- Registration fee: $50 (includes breakfast and lunch)
- Onsite registration fee: $50 (includes breakfast and lunch)
Limited availability, first-come first-served. Please check with Metro New York AALAS for the most updated availibility status.
- Open to all non‐Metro AALAS members with no additional fees
- Symposium attendance may be submitted for CE/CEU for AALAS certifications, CMAR and New York State Veterinary Technician/Veterinary licenses
Lectures (see full descriptions listed in Preliminary Program)
- Ergonomics in an Animal Facility: Don’t Let it be a Pain in the Neck
- Enrichment Club Roundtable
- Expanding the 3R’s: How to Remember the Animals and Respect Staff Emotions Animal Tribute Event
- Getting Passed the Exam Overcoming Exam Anxiety: Preparing for Your Success
- IACUC: More than meets the eye
- The Move from the Classroom to the Computer: Things to Consider as you Develop an eLearning Program
- Reducing Your Exposure to Waste Anesthetic Gas (WAG)
- Rodent Necropsy & Tissue Collection Techniques
- Sample Collection, Packaging and Shipping for Common Diagnostic and Environmental Testing
- Speak Up and Be Heard!
- Ventilated Caging Maintenance: What you don't know might actually hurt you, your animals & the research
- What’s New from AAALAC International?
Wet Labs / Workshops (see full descriptions listed in Preliminary Program)
- Improving your Instructor Led Training Sessions
- Lab Animal Anesthesia and Aseptic Principles Workshop Full
- Rodent Handling for Technicians: Moving beyond forceps Full
Limited seats available for wet labs and workshops
See the Preliminary Program for more details, schedule, and lecture/workshop descriptions.