When: Friday, November 13, 2015
Where: The Woodwinds, Branford, CT
Registration Deadline: 11/6/2015
Members: $30, Non-members: $60
Price Includes: Speaker, Award Ceremony, Appetizers, Dinner Buffet, Dessert, and Beverages, Including an OPEN BAR!
Bring cash for the Silent Auction!
Special Speaker: Katherine Dobbs
New & Noteworthy Topic: Compassion Fatigue
Compassion fatigue is the latest topic everyone is talking about, but often overlooked in our industry. Come learn about what is compassion fatigue and how to cope with it personally and within your facility.
Attendees at this lecture will learn:
- What is compassion fatigue and who is susceptible
- The symptoms of compassion fatigue and how to recognize it in ourselves and colleagues
- How to approach the subject of compassion fatigue in the organization
- The symptoms of organizational compassion fatigue and how it may be affecting the organization
- The identified stressors and satisfiers of our work, and why it is important to know both
- A comparison of how vicarious trauma affects the laboratory animal staff who is advocating on behalf of the animal, and those researchers and scientists collecting the data